Changes

12:10 AM Kyle Difiori 0 Comments


Okay, so I know I talked all about the horse and getting back on it in my last post, and that was supposed to include way more regular posts, which didn't immediately happen. But in my defense, a lot of things have been changing over the last couple of weeks since then! One of those things, as you may have noticed, is the blog!

I decided that a new look was in order. Not because I disliked my last layout! But a new look felt like the first step towards turning over a new blogging leaf, as it were. I think the cleaner colors make for a more pleasant experience, and I honestly kind of love the pseudo-logo header. The stock photo I use for my avatar (because I do not look so perfectly, coyly seductive eating fruit) features a strawberry, and I decided to run with that theme in certain ways. So if you see strawberries all over the place, you'll know why! But, ultimately, it took me about a week to get all of the tweaking done so that I was happy with the blog, and after staring at coding for hours, I wasn't feeling up to typing anymore!

Another change you may or may not have noticed is in the form of the photo sharing empire of Instagram! I went ahead and started my own under this pen name so you guys can see a little more of what my life is like outside of text. Of course, right now it looks like the only thing I do when I'm not writing is eat, but...well, yeah, that's pretty accurate. Expect a lot of pictures of food! If you want to check it out, you can find me @kyledifiori! If you stop by, leave me a comment and let me know you came from here!

Finally, I've been a bit absent because I had to say goodbye to one of my very best friends this week. She and her husband are moving across the country to California, and while I am incredibly thrilled for them and the amazing opportunity this presents, I am also sad. Sarah has been my closest friend since we met in Japan 15 years ago, and saying goodbye has been emotional. Even though, technically, we've avoided actually saying goodbye. But that's okay! Because as far as I see it, this isn't really goodbye - it's see you later. Because there is a CoCo ICHIBANYA in California and my first visit to see Sarah will probably include two or three visits for curry! And we did a pretty solid job of celebrating our last dinner together. With what, you ask? RAMEN!



What about y'all? Ramen was the clear choice for Sarah and I to "say goodbye" over since we started our friendship in Japan, where we both fell in love with ramen. But if you had to say bid adieu to your best friend tomorrow, what food do you think would be the best representation of your friendship? Leave a comment to let me know!

0 comments: