Makeup Mondays: Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation

9:48 PM Kyle Difiori 0 Comments

Woo, that title is a mouthful! And yes, this is my third Makeup Monday in a row - hope you're enjoying the product and services review. I'll be getting back into posting other things during the week soon, but want to at least make sure I get a weekly update out. And this week I have another foundation to talk about!


Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation

$8.59 at Target

I picked this foundation up right before a work trip to Las Vegas at the beginning of the month. I needed something new once I found out the Urban Decay All Nighter foundation was oxidizing on my skin past the point of wearable - I couldn't show up to a work conference with mismatched foundation! But I also wasn't willing to shell out an additional $40 for new foundation, so I picked this up on a whim the day before I left, and I'm very glad that I did.


PROS

First things first, this foundation did an amazing job holding up not only in the 95+ degree dry heat of Las Vegas, but also in the 90+ degree humid heat of North Carolina, and that's already off to a great start in my book. Full disclosure, I do have combination oily/normal skin, but my T-Zone never gets to be too oily and the normal parts of my face never tend to get too dry, so keep that in mind if you're considering your own skin type. But I have had really great success getting this foundation to stay put for most of the day. I've found that it applies best with a beauty blender and I am particularly fond of it with the Wayne Goss Method.

Also, you really can't go wrong with the price of this. I think the price at my local Target was a little more than the website - about $10 - but even so, that's a great price considering the foundations I've been using have been ranging in the $35 to $40 range. And I find that I don't need a ton of product to get the medium coverage that I like - just about a pump and a half does it for me, even on the days when I'm dealing with breakouts. The finish is nice and I haven't noticed any oxidizing on my skin, which is a huge relief after my last purchase!

And finally, I love the pump on this foundation. It dispenses just the right amount of product and it even has a locking mechanism so you can make sure you're not spilling foundation everywhere if you're traveling with it and you've lost the cap or it falls off. This is a very easy foundation to travel with in general. It holds up well in multiple environments, it's safe to travel with, and there's not a lot of unnecessary flair to the 1 fl oz packaging, which makes it very easy to throw in your makeup back and get moving with.


CONS

While I do really like the pump on this foundation, I kind of wish the cap wasn't clear. Mostly because, like most pump foundations, after you've dispensed the product, you do tend to end up with a little left behind. And on a clear cap? Well...

It's not hard to clean out or anything, but I'm pretty lazy so I just end up with a super messy looking foundation bottle sitting on my counter.

Also, I don't know that I really believe everything boasted in the "3-in-1" claim in the name of foundation. According to the foundation claims, it should do the work of a primer, concealer, and foundation. I definitely don't think it does all of those things. I still use a primer and I definitely still use a concealer because this is more of a medium coverage foundation. Now, the "primer" and "concealer" inside of this may contribute to some of the lasting power, but I wouldn't throw out the rest of my routine just for this foundation.

And finally, unsurprisingly, there isn't a fully rounded range of colors here. For the drugstore, it's not bad! But this foundation definitely lends itself more to light and medium skin tones than deep skin tones. There are only about three on the truly deep end of the spectrum on the Covergirl website. So while there's an abundance of undertone differences across the medium skin tone range, the deep end doesn't get nearly as much attention.


THE VERDICT

Overall, I've been really happy with this foundation. It's become my current day-to-day foundation and it does a great job getting me through the work day. It's easy to apply, it lasts, and it comes in at a great price point. Right now, this is hands down my favorite drugstore foundation, and if you're looking for a new foundation at a good price point, I recommend giving this a try!

But if this isn't at the top of your drugstore list, let me know what is! I'm always looking for new drugstore foundations to try out, and would love to hear your top recs!

0 comments: